Tuesday, February 24, 2009

You know what sucks?

When you only have 6 channels. So every time there is a national something of importance it is on every channel. It's really not that big of a deal but tonight is the night The Biggest Loser is on. That's pretty much the only show I really watch. So I only got to watch an hour of it. So what is there to do with the second hour? I guess update my blog. There's a lot and not a lot that's going on. With church there is a lot. With school, not a lot. But I'm pretty sure this post will be way random. I have a couple things that I have been thinking about lately and none of them are of much importance but I will still share.

If I was at wherever Obama was speaking I would refuse to keep standing up and clapping. I guess it's like a courtesy applause or something.

In class on Monday I guess everyone was looking really bored and not paying attention so my teacher was trying to think of something to get us excited about learning. He said that he was going to bring in some "hoochie coochie dancers". Yes, he actually said that. The he looked at us and said don't worry they will be both genders so you can all be entertained.

Then today I'm pretty sure my calculus teacher was speaking in tongues. I kept looking around the room for an interpreter but he/she wasn't there. So I guess God doesn't want me to go back to that class.

Time. Where the heck does it go? Every time Dad and I eat breakfast together we always talk about how nice it would be to just spend a couple hours sitting there drinking coffee starring out our french doors. Maybe it doesn't sound too exciting to you but I would love it. But there is never enough time in the day to do it. Also I have been thinking a lot about how things change so fast. Think about where you were last year at this time. Now think about where you were last month. Maybe its just me. Not only have I changed in the past year but even in the past month and somewhat this past week. Things like people I talk to, things that are important to me, what I want in life, what I want for my future, and so on.

America. America. America. What is this country coming to? I'm not talking about politics. I'm talking about obesity. I could go on talking about this forever. But this is just something that bothers me. Restaurants aren't just serving bigger sandwiches but now they have turned to unlimited things. Like Olive Gardens never ending bowl of pasta. Red Lobsters endless shrimp. Tennessee is ranked 3rd highest in obesity rates in the U.S. That's good right? At least we are number one in something. The people that read this blog aren't fat at all and I'm not trying to be like stop eating. It is just something that bothers me. And I guess I'm somewhat of a hypocrite they way I talk about this. I like to eat. And sometimes I like to eat way too much. But maybe I can help some people in the future. We will see.

I'm super pumped about this weekend. Its going to be amazing!

Well that is about all I can think of. Hope everyone is having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. When I grow up, I want to be a hoochie-coochie dancer. But just because I'd like to have the business cards.

    "Charles H. Carver, Jr.
    Hoochie-coochie dancer
    Available for weddings, bachelorette parties, anniversaries, and boring college classes.
    Special rates for seniors groups and church groups."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're my best friend..."got it" need I say more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen to you, sounding just like a nutritionist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You shouldn't say or type the word suck. It sucks that you would do that.
    HAHA.

    ReplyDelete