Monday, February 9, 2009

FYI

If I was still in high school I can almost 100% guarantee you that I would have skipped school today. But luckily I am in college and I get out at 11 on some days so I don't even have to think about skipping school.

BUT if my middle name wasn't Ellen I'm pretty sure it would be Procrastinator. I will admit it. I procrastinate like crazy and it drives me crazy but not crazy enough to do something about it. I have a paper due tomorrow. Not a hard one but it's a paper either way. Today I have done everything imaginable except write a paper.

A lot of the times that's how it is with God and me. He will tell me something but I decide that I like my idea better. And my idea usually isn't anything bad just not what He wants. Just like today I did a lot of good things, things that I needed to get done and also things I very much enjoyed. But the thing is I couldn't enjoy them all the way because every time I was in the middle of something I would think about my paper and it would make whatever I was doing less enjoyable because I knew eventually the paper was going to have to be done. I procrastinate with God. I know if I had gotten my paper done earlier today it would made things 10 times better and easier. If I did what God asked right off the bat then things would be so much better.

I've realized that I use the same words over and over again.

3 comments:

  1. somehow i knew that you would have written something on here about procrastinating! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I do that, too, but I don't need you reminding me about it.

    It's a good thing God is patient. But think about how responding to Him instantly might help someone else. That makes my procrastinating feel even worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use words "over and over"? Which one? "Over?" :)

    ReplyDelete